A well established medical group in Houston is seeking a physician assistant to join their experienced team. This full spectrum role will involve a blend of hospital rounding, patient pre-surgery consultation, follow-up, and surgical first assist. While experience in this particular specialty is preferred, training is available for a motivated PA seeking to advance their career in Urology.
- Licensed Physician Assistant in the state of Texas
- Urology experience preferred
- Performs complete pre-operative H & Ps on all surgical patients, identifying and alerting the surgeon to any disqualifying conditions that present
- Performs first assistant duties in all surgical procedures, including nephrectomies, nephrostomies, radical prostatectomies, cystectomies, orchiectomies, penile prosthetic implantations, urological trauma procedures, transurethal procedures, artificial urethral sphincter implantations, stent procedures and others
- Conducts daily rounds of all ward and ICU patients
- Orders and interprets appropriate lab, x-ray and special studies
- Establishes a working diagnosis based upon acquired data
- Presents patients, when appropriate, to the supervising surgeon
- Assists in care, treatment, and follow-up as needed
- Performs and/or assists in office procedures, including transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) volume studies, urodynamics, cystoscopies, post-void residual (PVRs) evals, difficult catheterizations, post-op voiding trails and other necessary procedures
- Competitive Salary based on Experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, PTO
- Call 1 in 3 Weekends
Since “Houston” was the first spoken word from the moon, the city of Houston has become known for its space and science contributions, and is the home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center. Rated as a global city, Houston has a variety of industries housed in the 4th largest city in the nation.