Physician Assistant – Family Medicine – See the World & Make a Difference!
Physician Assistants Needed! Are you a Physician Assistant looking for a change and to make a difference while letting your skills shine? Have you always wanted to live in different countries and explore new cultures while creating solutions for unique healthcare challenges? Then this may just be the opportunity for you!
As a Foreign Medical Service Provider with the U.S. Department of State, you will discover a career as a physician assistant that will allow you to develop your professional skills and engage your personal interests. In this role, providers are able to reap the rewards of living and working abroad, including in developing areas where access to medical care is limited, while knowing they are making a positive difference!
Physician Assistants in this role will provide quality primary and preventive medical care to U.S. diplomats and their families, and other United States Government personnel serving abroad, supervise staff, direct health unit operations, and engage with foreign audiences while also helping to promote peace and prosperity around the world.
- Current Board Certification and Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the United States
- Passion for family practice and working with a diverse population of patients
- Strong communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to work as a team player
- 5+ years of primary care clinical experience preferred
- Worldwide availability
- U.S. citizenship
- Between the ages of 21 and 59 to be hired
Compensation and Benefits:
$75,854 – $98,972 based on experience plus benefits
- Health and medical coverage
- Federal retirement benefits
- Generous paid leave
- Continued medical training and career development programs
- Paid housing or appropriate housing allowance when serving overseas
- Paid education for dependent children K through 12 when serving overseas